According to the Independent IT-Security Institute, almost 390,000 new malicious programs are detected every day. These programs (malware) are no longer developed by script kiddies out to prove their skills but by professional cyber criminals and state–sponsored groups out for financial or political gain. Security is no longer a “set and forget” technology, updates and constant fine-tuning are now required in order to ensure that optimal levels of protection are being delivered.
To assist our clients in navigating ever-evolving security technologies and maintaining a data security profile that aligns with security best practice and standards, K2 Services has introduced K2 Security Services.
K2 Security Services provides our clients with a set of affordable, targeted assessments of their data security. Each assessment targets a unique segment of the client’s environment allowing for a phased deployment of remediation tasks. Assessments are designed to be independent of one another and can be completed in any order allowing clients maximum flexibility with regard to time and budget.
K2 Security Services professionals work to ensure that the enhanced security services have a minimal effect on user productivity while helping to identify and address common security concerns.
Security Service Options
- Help assess your current security position against industry best practices for security
- Provide recommendations to help strengthen your security posture and minimize the chance of security breaches.
- Review and Document the current state of your company’s infrastructure and controls.
- Leverage K2’s expertise and solutions to provide a solid plan for closing security gaps quickly and efficiently.
A few examples are:
- Assessment and development of IT Policy and Procedures for the management of your company (i.e. Asset Management, Media Storage and Disposal, Incident Management and Response)
- Audit LAN/WAN technologies including WLAN
- Test firewall rules and configurations
- Review system logs, alerts and log collection setup
- Audit Microsoft Windows environments (i.e. Active Directory, Patch Management, Group Policy Management…)
- Review Cloud Computing Alternatives
- Develop Business Continuity and Recovery Plans
- Complete Risk Assessments and Business Impact Analyses’
- Identify Critical Business Processes and Recovery Strategies
- Determine speed of recovery necessary and develop recovery plans
- Address the gaps in any plans
- Maintain plans after initial launch through testing and review
- Build IT-specific Disaster Recovery plans and services
- Assess Physical Data Centers and Infrastructure Management